|Home||» Products||» HAVELLS WIRES & CABLES||» Solar Cables|
Solar photovoltaic industry gets more attention as the most promising environment- friendly industry, and it is expected to have the significant role in resolving the earth’s energy problem. As production costs diminish, users increasingly view these energy sources as clean, cheap and reliable. In this background, the demand for “SOLAR CABLE”, which is the current transmission medium of solar energy power generation, is expected to increase with the expansion of market.
Special Properties of Solar Cables
• Lifetime reliability: lasts up to 30 years even under tough external conditions.
• Outdoor durability: resists extreme temperatures (-40°C to 120°C maximum at the core) and ozone resistant.
• UV resistance: full protection against ultraviolet rays.
• Halogen-free: Low Smoke Emission & Low Toxicity/Corrosivity during fire.
• Properties against fire: flame retardant, fire retardant.
• Flexibility and stripability: for fast and easy installation.
• Fully recyclable: in accordance with new environmental regulations.
• Easy installation with color identification (blue, red).
• Suitable to common connector types.
• UL, TV, UTE and IMQ-certified.
HAVELLS SOLAR CABLES are manufactured with the following materials.
1. ANNEALED TINNED COPPER CONDUCTOR
2. CROSS LINKED POLYOLEFIN COMPOUND
3. ZERO HALOGEN POLYOLEFIN COMPOUND
Required Features of Solar cable
• Weather resistant
• Resistant to mineral oils
• Resistant to acids & alkaline
• Maximum conductor temperature of operation-120° C during 20000 hours.
• Minimum operating temperature : - 40° C
• Voltage rating : 1.5 (1.8) KV DC / 0.6/1.0 (1.2) KV AC
• High voltage test: 6.5 KV DC for 5 minutes.
• Resistant to Impact , tear & abrasion
• Minimum bending radius – 4 times of overall diameter.
• Safe pulling force -50 N/sqmm
|SIZE cross-sectional area in (sqmm)||Max. Conductor D.C. Resistance at 20 °C in ohm/(km)||Average Diameter of Conductor (in mm)||Approx. Overall Diameter of cable (in mm)||Approximate Overall weight (in kg/km)||Minimum Bending radius (in mm)||Current rating under continous operation 90°C and ambient temperature 40°C (in A)||Short circuit current rating for 1 sec. duration (in KA)|